Monday, January 5, 2009

A teaser - just to get me all worked up.

Since this post is getting an absolute ton of hits, I'll give myself a little plug. Be sure to visit the rest of the blog - Mz-Cellaneous.

***

I got my continous lighting system today! Whooop.

I saw the Fed Ex guy pull up, and I was hoping it would be my lens, but it was this instead:



It's a simple system, I actually thought continous lighting would be good for me, since I'm "entry level" into lighting systems. I didn't wanna overload myself all at once. I mainly like to shoot natural light, but SOMETIMES, that does not happen ya know?

Like now. It's dark. Sometimes that happens.

If I shoot by a lightbulb, this is what I get:



the only thing I did for this pic, was to light through a white umbrella. I didn't even turn the incandescent light right next to it off. (straight out of the camera)


Not freaking bad for $35!!
Looks almost like natural light. OK, I'm hooked.
I bought it on amazon, search for "continuous lighting system"



I also wanted to show you the 365 scrapbook I was telling you about. Here's the album, an american crafts D-ring album. Purchased at Hobby Lobby 1/2 price. Seriously, I will never understand why ppl have to have a $1200 wedding album. Even if I'm selling $1200 wedding albums.



Inside, I put page protectors (12 x 12) that are divided for 4 x 6 photos. Each photo printed has the journaling and the small square photo included. Since I blog pretty regularly, it will be easy to just plop in some of the journaling and a photo from the day I blog, print it out, round the corners and stick it in. Done.


5 Down, 360 to go.

9 comments:

  1. love the 365 blog idea. That light has some pretty good outcomes. Might have to look into it. I only have Hot lights right now.. they work fine but as the name indicates.. they get HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary..
    Please do steal the idea! That's why I put it up there, so ppl would have some other alternative rather than *hoping* their kit was going to make it.

    Chell..
    That's one of the cool things about this light, I literally, took the bulb out about 2 sec after turning it off, and within 15 seconds, packed it back in it's packaging. I like that idea too. Hubs is a bit of an energy freak. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 365 album alternative idea. I have so much stuff...embellishments, etc, I don't really need a kit. (and didn't order one!) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question about your 365:

    Is your 4x6 all one piece? photo and journaling?

    Or is the journaling done and the picture printed out (in wallet size) separately?

    I hope that question makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris...

    Your question does make sense. Mine is just one piece, it's a 4 x 6 "photo" (graphics, journaling and photos) all combined in one file, and printed like a regular photo from my home printer.

    You could do it seperately if you wanted also, using a piece of 4 x 6 paper, and print out your photo wallet sized.

    The possiblities of how you do this is endless!

    Heck, you could even do 8.5 x 11 by using baseball card sheets! (wallets would fit perfect in them)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you laid the photos & journaling out. I've seen so many great ideas I may have to do this project for the next ten years to use them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this - looks wonderful - you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still don't understand how you are doing your photo/journaling cards. Are you using Photoshop? Love, love, love how your is turning out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cindy...

    Actually, I use paint shop pro instead of photoshop, but essentially, yes. It's a 5 layer digital file, and each day I change the journaling and picture layers.

    ReplyDelete